Stop making excuses; it’s time to start growing again. With the pandemic raging and the GDP plummeting, many of us have fallen into a slump with our businesses and it’s easy to see why.
Our peers are being fired or furloughed. Legacy businesses are going bankrupt. People are struggling – and dying. Some days it just seems easier to sit on the couch, binge Netflix and pack on the pounds. We let work wait. We think, everyone’s having a bad time. So, I am too.
Whether you’re not calling your clients, avoiding responsibilities, or just not getting the work you need to be finished, you’ve got to start moving forward again. And I’m here to tell you that those reasons you can’t do it- they’re just excuses.
And that’s not how LEADERS think. Leaders don’t make excuses to fail.
In this video, I talk about how you can start moving forward again. Here are 5 ways to stop making excuses and avoid stagnation in business and life:
- Stop wallowing in negativity and making the mistake of indulging in other people’s pain. Take control of your own mindset and emotions.
- Stop procrastinating. Get motivation back by tapping into your brilliance and purpose. What are you here to do? What are you amazing at? Keep doing it.
- Stop feeling guilty for trying to succeed while others are struggling. Be a beacon in dark times.
- Keep looking for opportunities. They are everywhere, even when it seems like the world is falling apart.
- Seek help. Hire a coach, consultant or someone to talk to to help get your head straight and get you back on the right path.
And finally, for whoever needs to hear it: Drop the weight. Make the call. Find the client. Get out of your comfort zone. You have permission to keep moving forward. Let nothing stand in your way.
Beate Chelette is The Growth Architect & Founder of The Women’s Code, a training company specialized in providing companies an ROI on Balanced Leadership. She has been named one of 50 must-follow women entrepreneurs by the Huffington Post. A first-generation immigrant who found herself $135,000 in debt as a single parent, she bootstrapped her passion for photography into a highly-successful global business, and eventually sold it to Bill Gates in a multimillion-dollar deal.
Beate works with business leaders and supports organizations by developing and providing training the training, tools, and expertise to create and maintain a balanced, equal and inclusive work environment that fosters creativity, employee engagement and corporate growth.
Recent clients include Merck, Women’s Legislative Caucus of California, Cal State University Dominguez Hills, Small Business Development Centers (SBDC), NFTE, CreativeLive, the Association of Corporate Growth, and TracyLocke.
Beate is the author of the #1 International Amazon Bestseller “Happy Woman Happy World – How to Go From Overwhelmed to Awesome” a book that corporate trainer and best-selling author Brian Tracy calls “a handbook for every woman who wants health, success and a fulfilling career.
To book Beate to speak or train please connect here.