PhotoBizCoach Where Did You Go?
This week was a very stressful one, to say the least. I was relaxing all nicely on Sunday evening when I got the call from my newly hired Executive Assistant Michael. He said that the blog went black.
It’s five days later the blog remains offline. WordPress’ attitude has been to simply not respond to the letter from my attorney, my pleads and requests. They all must have moved out of the country. I am mad as hell, can’t even imagine how a company with (formerly) a good reputation can shut you down without warning or explanation or some sort of professional follow up.
Following my virtual tantrum from last week that I wasn’t going to repeat and instead of fuming over the incompetence and the lack of professionalism of WordPress’ corporate enterprise I needed to focus my energies on taking control.
Because I teach and educate on the business behind the art I am going to address this along with the relevant teaching points, so that at least something good comes out of it. The truth of the matter is that I had outgrown the generic WordPress hosted blog solution a long time ago. I’ve even talked about it and gotten some estimates. I was worried about my rankings and because I couldn’t find a good solution and it was too expensive – I waited. The existing systems didn’t support my growth but I stuck with it for convenience. Now – I lost all my rankings because the old blog is inaccessible and nothing can be verified. In addition it cost me more than it would have if I’d done it right then and there.
Here are the the two things I want to point out. This is covered in detail in this month’s Tip Sheet to Friends and Customers of Photography Business Secrets. When your existing systems do not support you anymore, you need to take action immediately. Do not procrastinate like me. Short term inconvenience is less of an issue than the disastrous and expensive drama I just went through.
The second thing is – enlist the help of your friends. I need your help now and am asking you to help me to kick start the new PhotosecretsBlog Please help me to spread the word about our new location. In addition, if you find articles useful, please comment on them. Most importantly please set links to the blog. Post about PhotosecretsBlog on Facebook and tweet about it so that I can get my rankings back on track. Give it a thumbs up on Digg or StumbleUpon or do whatever you can. I can’t do this by myself so I am asking you to give me your support.
- You see that we categorized content in five different areas for easy searching.
- We are going to add new functionality over the next few weeks. I’ll let you know about the new gadgets as we add more.
- The old Feedburner does not link to the blog. I will send all subscribers a notice shortly to inform you that you have to sign up again. If you click your RSS button in your browser you can subscribe easily. I tried to make this work, but it just doesn’t. You’ll have to re-subscribe, sorry.
- Also I am open for new contributors and actively looking for you. If you have tips on the business behind the art of photography from your unique perspective – please send me an email at email@example.com and fire away about what you want to contribute. I am open for text and or video contributions.
- If you find dead links or things not showing up please contact Michael@BeateChelette.com.
So very sorry for the disruption and I hope you like what we’ve done with the place. Can’t wait to hear from you. Thank you