The Courageous Growth Workshop is an Optimal Alignment Growth Planning LIVE Workshop that will help you take out the guess work and provide you with YOUR Blueprint to Success.

Secure one of 50 complimentary seats to this event, fill out the application HERE.

New Year Resolutions

If you are like most people, have your sights set on a few goals to accomplish in 2014. Perhaps your goals are personal, such as losing 10 pounds or working out more regularly. Or, maybe you’re thinking of something related to your career, like starting a new photography business or drumming up more work for your current photography business.

No matter how much we intend to stick to them, our New Year’s Resolutions are often quickly forgotten. Did you know that only 8% of Americans follow through with their resolutions, while the other whopping 92% give up or don’t even get started? What can we do to increase the chances of achieving our goals in 2014?

Here are three quick ideas on how to make your New Year Resolutions stick that you might find helpful:

1.)  Set realistic goals. When writing a business plan, focus on a five page plan instead of a full-fledged 100-pager. It’s better to be conservative with your goal setting and exceed your expectations than the other way around.

2.)  Focus on only a few key goals. Pick three to five things that really matter. Please don’t write a list of 50 goals—nothing is more discouraging than looking at a long list that screams ‘so much work.’ Rather, keep your list short and clear.

3.)  Be very specific with your goals. There is a big difference between:

  • ‘make my business successful’ versus ‘increase my revenue from $250,000 to $450,000’; and
  • ‘improve my career’ versus ‘be promoted to Director’

If you’re a tech-girl like me, this article describes a few apps that help with some popular goals.

Just as I am focusing here on sharing only three important tips, I want you to be just as concise. What are your three most important goals? Please write them down immediately. I encourage you to invest a little bit time to create your list now, even if you aren’t a person who normally makes resolutions.

Starting this new year with a clear focus will benefit you all year long.

Happy New Year! Let’s make this one count!


Your Coach



P.S. This is my official selfie in the bathroom mirror!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This